Monday 31 May 2010

A Real Flowermouse

I don´t often make canes. Fimo soft makes it nearly impossible to do without a lot of distortion. This cane is a year old and I like the colors of it. And flowers are so lovely to make in polymer clay. I envy all those making perfect flowers for their jewelry.

Anyway, I kind of like this little mouse and the ring to go with it. Since I made it for me it don´t matter that it´s not perfect.

But what does perfect mean anyway? I have never seen two flowers be completely similar to each other. That´s the thing about us too. Noone should be the same. What a boring world it would be.

We are all meant to be our own flower and grow up into the light. And there are really not any good definition for the word perfect. So let´s pursue the light and not the perfect. Because it would hold us back from expressing all that we are.

3 comments:

  1. I love your thinking and totally agree!

    I also love your flowery mouse. So beautiful! Your mice always make me smile when I see them.

    I used to make flower canes with fimo soft, now I mainly use Kato which does make it easier to make more complex canes but it is possible with fimo soft. I found slicing the canes the worst bit with fimo but it is better if you put them in the freezer for a bit first (or leave them for a couple of weeks but I am too impatient for thart ;) You should make some more flower mice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this little mouse and ring are perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you surfingcat - I´ll try the freezer hereafter. The most of the distortion comes when I add the background color and make the final cane. Any advice for that?

    I found that old canes are the best regarding fimo soft. The older the better...


    Thank you Marie!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!