Sunday 9 January 2011

Color Stich By Stitch

 
I can finally show you how my knitted jacket is going to be. At least some of it.

It´s so much fun knitting. I couldn´t do it without the inspiration I got from the book Color by Kristin. I saw color in a totally different way - and I would never have thought that the colors I chose would be so perfect for me to knit with.

I knit it in one round piece and cut it open after I´m finished. I´m planing on making buttons in polymer clay and jewelry to go with it.

I love this project - it brings out my joy in creating.

You can find the pattern here. It´s translated into english among other languages.

I use Rauma finull and Pt2 for it. Those are norwegian yarn, but I think you can get it in other countries as well.

Anyway - I enjoy to knit this jacket stitch by stitch.


I like making a piece of string into something I can wear
Author Unknown

17 comments:

  1. this is beautiful! and your buttons are going to be perfect with it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That cardigan is going to be gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a very ambitious knitter. This is already so gorgeous and it will look fabulous on you. It will be a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is most beautiful, Lone! The colors are perfect and the pattern you are using is so intricate! You certainly have a lot of skill and patience!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so very much - you made my day. Your comments always inspire me and give me the guts to create!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh my i love it! totally breath taking. um if only i could find someone to make me one? love to dream

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMGoodness, this is so gorgeous and I love the colors and can already see your buttons on it.
    You are very lucky to be able to make such beautiful things from strings of yarn. This is truly amazing.
    Love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much Marie. Yes, I feel blessed to be able to do this. A lot of love and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Det er altså helt vildt, så gode de farver er sammen. Klipper du den op, når du er færdig?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tak skal du ha Dorte. Ja, den skal klippes op efter den er færdig. Strikker fire masker ekstra at klippe i.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Lone, this is some knitting you do ! Wonderful !♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Joyce - and welcome to my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really really beautiful! Great knitting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!