Tuesday 25 October 2011

I Will Not Give Up Now

I´ve actually thought about throwing this project in the bin many times, and never ever think of it again. But I constantly find myself knitting on this scarf. I´ve finally made peace with the thing and have decided to finish it. 

No matter how much more I´m going to hate this awful, terrible, horrible yarn called Zauberball. Gosh, it is the worst yarn ever.

The spinning of it must have been done while someone was aslepp: It goes from super thin as in sewing thread to chunky. Some places the yarn just brakes while knitting. And the length of the various colors are very different in all the skeins. This means that black and green always collide - I´ve taken out huge amount of these colors.

Not to mention the prize. It´s like believing that you´ve bought a steak only to find out you came home with dogfood (if you´re not a dog that is).

Anyway, if there´s not larger problems to take care of I shouldn´t complain. Or what did I just do... Off to finish this. Have a lovely day everybody.

10 comments:

  1. That's terrible. Very irritating to find out you've been swindled!
    The scarf does look exquisite though :-) Almost there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you coffeeaddict - well said!!! Yes, it´s going to be lovely to take if off the needles!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the scarf is fabulous - i am sorry it has been such a frustration to you... if it becomes too burdensome to have around, i will buy it from you! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Mary Jane - and thank you for your offer. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a very frustrating project, but it looks gorgeous as does all your work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Debbie - you´re so kind to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks gorgeous indeed! go on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry your yarn is so crappy, but the result is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Nina - I think that what keep me going. I like your i-cord story!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!