Wednesday 28 December 2011

A Warm Hug For A Friend

A warm, soft and everlasting hug - what could be a better gift? So I knitted this scarf from the finest alpaca wool for a very dear friend for christmas. It was a lovely and easy knit and I really enjoyed knitting it. I added tassels with beads to it.

It is 2 meters long and about 20 cm wide. It is knitted from the yarn Faerytale from Du Store Alpakka on 5mm needles.

I like the outcome so much that I see a new scarf like this for my own neck. Some times it´s nice to give yourself a good warm hug.

My friend love this scarf and the fact that it´s just her colors. I hope it will keep her warm on every cold day she will meet on her way.

9 comments:

  1. Gorgeous scarf and gorgeous gift! I am sure your friend is going to love it! Between your blog and Debbie's blog, I am getting jealous of all these beautiful creations!!! Happy New Year ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Stacy!!! Maybe you should find your knitting needles... LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lone, my mom has tried with me, but something just doesn't click??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the stitch pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful scarf for your friend! It looks so soft and the colors are just so warm. Best wishes for a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Debbie - and a very happy new year to you too. I´m lucky to have met you online!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lone, Your scarf is so pretty and I'm sure your friend must love it.
    Wishing you a wonderful Happy New Year and great knitting in 2012.
    Warm Hugs to you,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!