Wednesday 21 November 2012

With Needles And Tomatoes

 No, this is not about cooking and knitting at the same time. Is that even possible?? LOL!!

It is simply about a new shawlette and a color named tomato. I am very excited about this knit. The german designer Marita Behm has these technical patterns that demands some attention and again in garter stitch. 

I have knitted her Hitchhiking and I had a great time knitting it. The patterns are so well explained and I am a big fan of that.

So, when she launched the pattern for this shawlette I was on. But I had not decided the yarn. It is actually meant for stash yarn. 

Stash is no problem AT ALL!!! But I wanted a lovely yarn. I had some Madelinetosh merino light in cobalt blue in the stash. 

When a knitting friend showed me her skein of the color tomato I ordered some of that. Just the perfect color for that cobalt one. 

Complementary colors are after all my favorite color combination. I just love the colors and the knitting. This is going to be so good.

I started knitting the leaf - not the back ground color. I think it looks better and gives a nice finish. A lot of knitters has done the same so I found some help on Ravelry. You should check all the projects for this pattern - there are so many creative color combinations.

It is really fun to knit. And I can dream about summer and fresh tomatoes. Right now it is foggy and rainy as it has been for ever. At least it feels like it. 

The Stitch Story
Yarn: Madelinetosh Merino Light (Tomato and Cobalt)
Needles: 2mm
Pattern: Leftie
My Ravelry Page: Love And Tomatoes


13 comments:

  1. Ooh, that's going to be beautiful! The colours do look great together, and so summery. *sigh* Yes, summer does seem very far away now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous color combination, Lone! I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oi, det bliver fint. Glæder mig til at se fortsættelsen. Og nej, man kan ikke stikke og lave mad samtidig. Man brænder skiværket på;)
    knus Dorte

    ReplyDelete
  4. Så spennende prosjekt! Må nok tilbake til pinnene for å bli skikkelig kreativ! Gleder meg til resten! Hilsen Synnøve

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, gorgeous color combination!!! This is going to be beautiful finished!! Big Hugs ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to see what comes of your love of primaries. It is always beautiful, as this scarf will certainly be as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dette blir kjempefint! Så stilig mønster og fargevalg- gleder meg til å se når du har fått det ferdig! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all so very very much!!! It means the world to me!!!!!!! Hugs to you all!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Måtte sjekke Ravelry-linken; skikkelig kult sjal som kommer til å bli flott i blått og tomat!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Å, så fint det blir i de knæsje fargene du bruker. Tomat er en flott farge!
    Og sjal, ja de får man ALDRI nok av!!!
    Det ser virkelig spennende ut, så jeg gleder meg til å se mer av det etterhvert.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tomatfarge er nok absolutt en av dine farger. Det er i alle fall en av de rødfargene jeg sverger til når jeg kommer over den. Spent på resten av sjalet. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!