Sunday 16 October 2016

Happy Rainbow Knitting


I LOVE knitting this rainbow scarf so much. The fact that I can knit more than just a month ago is giving me so much joy. I will never be able to knit the way I did.

But I can knit and take precautions. That is truly enough right now. Isn't it just strange what is enough when you do not have what you use to have?

Anyway, I knit garter stitch on wooden needles. That seems to be the thing right now. And what is better than to find a Kauni rainbow and some mohair and knit it together in a hot scarf?

Beginning of the scarf.
It is always so much fun to see the colors come to life in stitches like this.

Kauni is magic in a skein to me. Best quality yarn and great colors.

I found some stashed mohair in various colors so I shift when I see they fit.

There will not be the smooth transitions as there is in Kauni - but it works and the scarf gets so soft.

I have in fact knitted this scarf before. I tend to repeat and repeat the repeats because repeating is just fun. Get it?? LOL!

This is from the free pattern Happy Pom Pom Shawl. You can see some madness pom pom scarves here.

There are four of them soon to be a pom pom family of five when this rainbow is done. I cannot wait until it is finished. And it sure uses a lot of yarn. That is good news about getting that stash used...

Life is not a problem to be solved, 
but a reality to be experienced
Søren Kirkegaard




9 comments:

  1. Dette så lekkert ut. Jeg liker regnbuefarget garn. Herlig.
    Klem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Det er utroligt så glad man bliver af at kikke på de regnbuefarver - det bliver et skønt tørklæde. Og hvor er det godt at høre, at du kan strikke lidt igen - omend det ikke bliver på helt samme niveau ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lone, I am sorry you can't knit the way you did, but I am happy you are knitting, with precautions! Gorgeous scarf! Much Love and Big Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your scarf and so much want to make one too!!! What brand of mohair did you use to match the colors of the rainbow of the Kauni yarn? You did it so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Flowermouse Design --

    I so LOVE the rainbow scarf you made. Could you share which yarn you used for the mohair to match so well with the Kauni yarn? You found such great colors that match so perfectly! Thank you for sharing and happy knitting. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much :-)
      I used different colors from different mohair yarn brands. You can read more about it and find out what colors and yarn on the Ravelry page for the project here: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/Flowermouse/happy-pom-pom-shawl-7

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment - it means a lot to me!!! Sorry about the robot words - it is due to loads of spam. Hope it is ok!!!